According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the popular heartburn medication Zantac and its generic ranitidine may cause cancer in patients. If you took the prescription or over-the-counter formulation of this drug, you may be eligible for litigation against Zantac’s manufacturers – and the California Zantac lawsuit attorneys at Estey & Bomberger, LLP can represent your claim. Our lawyers will advocate aggressively to secure maximum compensation on your behalf.
Why Hire Estey & Bomberger, LLP for Your California Zantac Claim?
- For decades, our Zantac attorneys have helped injured people recover the compensation they deserve, securing over $500 million in settlements and jury verdicts.
- Our firm specializes in dangerous and defective product litigation. We have the knowledge, resources, and skills you need to hold Zantac’s manufacturers accountable.
- Our firm has received national recognition for our outstanding case results, including mentions from the Associated Press, CNN, the Los Angeles Times, and CBS Evening News.
Zantac and generic ranitidine may contain N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), which is a probable human carcinogen. Previously used to manufacture rocket fuel, NDMA has been found to induce tumors in rats and may cause cancer in the gastrointestinal system for humans. In September 2019, an online pharmacy found NDMA levels as high as 3 million nanograms per tablet in Zantac; humans can safely consume up to 96 nanograms per day.
After an investigation, the FDA discovered that NDMA impurities in Zantac increase over time and when stored at higher-than-normal temperatures. In April 2020, the FDA issued a recall for this medication due to the risk of cancer.
How Do You Qualify for a Zantac Lawsuit?
You may be eligible for litigation against Zantac’s manufacturers if you meet the following three criteria:
- You were diagnosed with a cancer associated with Zantac.
- You took Zantac for at least one year.
- At least one year has passed between the date you first took Zantac and the date of your cancer diagnosis.
A California Zantac lawyer from Estey & Bomberger, LLP can help you identify whether or not you qualify for a Zantac lawsuit. If you are diagnosed with any type of cancer after taking Zantac, speak to one of our attorneys as soon as possible.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Zantac Lawsuits in California?
Under California law, you have two years from the date of your cancer diagnosis to file your Zantac lawsuit. If you or your California Zantac attorney do not file your claim by this deadline, the court will dismiss your case. To protect your right to compensation, speak to a lawyer at Estey & Bomberger, LLP as soon as possible following your diagnosis.
How Much Is a Zantac Lawsuit Worth?
Through a Zantac lawsuit, you can recover compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial losses you sustained due to your cancer diagnosis. Common types of damages available in these claims include the following:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Chronic pain
- Permanent disability
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Depression and anxiety
- Loss of quality of life
- Disability accommodations
At Estey & Bomberger, LLP, your Zantac lawsuit attorney in California can help you calculate the full extent of your damages and determine an accurate estimate for your claim. We will advocate aggressively for your maximum settlement.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Zantac Lawyer in California
If you developed cancer after taking Zantac, you are not alone and the attorneys at Estey & Bomberger, LLP can help. Contact us online to schedule your free consultation and discuss your legal options with a California Zantac lawsuit lawyer.