Zantac was a common medication that was used to treat conditions like heartburn, stomach ulcers, and acid reflux. However, Zantac was recalled in April 2020 after it was discovered that a cancer-causing impurity appeared in batches of the medication. Now, Zantac patients in Nebraska are filing lawsuits against its manufacturers.
If you are a former Zantac patient, an attorney from Estey & Bomberger, LLP can help you determine whether you qualify for a legal claim. You can contact us at (800) 260-7197 to learn about your options for compensation from a Nebraska Zantac lawsuit attorney.
Why Choose Estey & Bomberger, LLP for Your Zantac Lawsuit
- Our Zantac injury attorneys are dedicated to helping Zantac patients nationwide recover the settlements that they deserve. We have secured over $500 million in settlements and verdicts.
- We pride ourselves on our 99% case success rate. Our lawyers have won multiple awards and recognitions, including National Trial Lawyers “Top 100.”
- Our firm understands the financial hardship that can accompany a cancer diagnosis. If we do not recover a settlement in your lawsuit, you will not pay any legal fees or expenses.
Does Zantac Cause Cancer?
Zantac may cause cancer because of the presence of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), which is a probable human carcinogen. Ingesting unsafe levels of NDMA can increase your chances of developing certain cancers, such as:
- Bladder cancer
- Liver cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Breast cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Colon cancer
- Thyroid cancer
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) discovered that Zantac and generic ranitidine products contained dangerous levels of NDMA. This impurity increases over time and when Zantac is stored at higher than room temperatures.
Who Is Eligible to File a Zantac Claim in Nebraska?
In Nebraska, former Zantac patients may qualify to take legal action against the medication’s manufacturers. To qualify for a Zantac claim, you will generally need to meet the following requirements:
- You were diagnosed with a cancer associated with Zantac use.
- You took prescription or over-the-counter Zantac for at least one year.
- You were diagnosed with cancer at least one year after starting to take Zantac.
A Zantac lawsuit attorney from Estey & Bomberger, LLP can help you determine whether you are eligible for a claim in Nebraska and identify your optimal path to recovery.
How an Attorney Can Help Your Zantac Lawsuit
A Zantac lawsuit can help you recover the compensation that you need to pay for medical care, lost wages, and more. However, these claims can be very complex. In these situations, you need a lawyer who can advocate for your best interests.
At Estey & Bomberger, LLP, our mass tort attorneys specialize in cases involving negligent manufacturers and defective medications. We can help guide you through the litigation process and build a compelling case for your right to compensation.
Our Zantac injury lawyers in Nebraska can provide several benefits for your case, such as the following:
- Access to resources like expert witnesses to help prove your case
- The ability to calculate your potential damages and estimate your settlement
- Experience negotiating with large corporate defense teams from Zantac manufacturers
- Knowledge of common case strategies used to prove other successful Zantac claims
Contact a Nebraska Zantac Lawsuit Attorney
If you are a former Zantac patient who was diagnosed with cancer, you may qualify for a lawsuit against the manufacturer. The Zantac injury lawyers at Estey & Bomberger, LLP can fight for your right to fair compensation.
Contact us today to schedule your free case consultation with a Nebraska Zantac lawsuit attorney.