Experts have linked Zantac, a popular heartburn medication, to the development of esophageal cancer. If you were diagnosed with this condition after taking Zantac, you may be eligible for legal action.
In these situations, the lawyers at Estey & Bomberger, LLP can represent your lawsuit against Zantac’s manufacturers and secure the settlement that you deserve. Our Zantac esophageal cancer attorneys will advocate aggressively for your right to justice.
Why Choose Us for Your Zantac Cancer Lawsuit
- Our team of attorneys have a strong track record of successful settlements and verdicts. We have recovered over $500 million for our clients and will fight for your right to maximum compensation.
- Our law firm specializes in dangerous and defective medication lawsuits. Our Zantac injury attorneys have the skills, knowledge, and experience necessary to craft a compelling case in your favor.
- We understand the financial hardship that cancer patients can face. Our law firm takes all cases on a contingency fee basis for maximum affordability. You will only pay legal fees if we secure a settlement in your case.
What Is Zantac?
Zantac is a medication that is used to treat heartburn, acid reflux, and similar conditions. Known as ranitidine in the generic form, Zantac was available for prescription and over-the-counter purchase until the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recalled it in April 2020.
There are many manufacturers who make this medication, including the following.
- American Health Packaging
- Novitium Pharma
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals, LLC
- Precision Dose Inc.
- Glenmark Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
The Link Between Zantac and Esophageal Cancer
The FDA recalled Zantac after it was alerted to unsafe levels of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) in the medication. An online pharmacy called Valisure submitted a citizen’s petition to the FDA, detailing its findings.
NDMA is a cancer-causing substance that is banned from commercial use in the United States and is used to induce tumors for research purposes. After investigating the findings, the FDA issued a recall for all over-the-counter and prescription drugs containing ranitidine.
Symptoms of Esophageal Cancer
Esophageal cancer is a condition that affects the esophagus, which is a tube that connects your throat to your stomach. The purpose of the esophagus is to move food from your mouth down to your stomach for digestion. Cancer can develop anywhere along the esophageal tract.
In its early stages, esophageal cancer does not usually cause any symptoms. As the condition progresses, patients may notice the following.
- Pain, pressure, or burning in the chest
- Sudden, unexplained weight loss
- Worsening heartburn
- Difficulty swallowing
- Persistent coughing or hoarseness
Am I Eligible for a Zantac Esophageal Cancer Lawsuit?
If you were diagnosed with esophageal cancer and used to take Zantac, you may be eligible for a lawsuit against the drug’s manufacturers. By filing a claim, you could recover financial compensation to pay for medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages that you experienced due to the cancer.
To qualify for a Zantac cancer lawsuit, you will typically need to meet the following criteria.
- You were taking prescription or over-the-counter Zantac.
- You received a diagnosis for a cancer linked to NDMA, such as esophageal cancer.
- You used to take Zantac for a long period of time, such as year or longer.
- A significant amount of time has passed between the time that you started taking Zantac and the date of your cancer diagnosis, usually one year.
Speak to an attorney at Estey & Bomberger, LLP as soon as possible following your cancer diagnosis. Our lawyers can evaluate your case and identify whether you are eligible for a Zantac esophageal cancer claim.
The Statute of Limitations for Zantac Lawsuits
If you believe that you qualify for a Zantac lawsuit, it is important to act quickly. States establish filing deadlines, known as statutes of limitations, for certain types of claims. If you do not file within the required time frame, the court will likely dismiss your case.
In California, you have two years from the date of your diagnosis to file. For Florida residents, your lawsuit must be filed within four years of your diagnosis and no later than 12 years from the date that you purchased Zantac. A lawyer from Estey & Bomberger, LLP can help you identify your appropriate deadline.
Why You Need a Zantac Esophageal Cancer Attorney
Being diagnosed with esophageal cancer is a difficult experience. You can feel even more overwhelmed if you want to pursue a claim against a manufacturer. In these situations, you need all the support that you can receive.
Hiring a Zantac esophageal cancer attorney from Estey & Bomberger, LLP can help. Our Zantac lawsuit lawyers have the skills, experience, and resources necessary to craft a compelling case in your favor and advocate for your highest possible compensation.
A lawyer can provide several advantages to your Zantac lawsuit, such as the following.
- Your lawyer will have strong knowledge of product liability law in your state. He or she will understand the deadlines that you will need to meet, the court requirements that you will need to follow, and the evidence that you will need to gather to prove your claim.
- It can be difficult to calculate your potential settlement for a lawsuit but accepting a low offer can lead to financial hardship. Your attorney can explore all avenues to compensation and accurately calculate your settlement.
- Proving a Zantac lawsuit can require a great deal of scientific evidence. Your attorney will have a wide network of resources and expert witnesses that he or she can leverage to support your case.
- When negotiating with a large manufacturer and its team of attorneys, you need someone who can advocate for your best interests. Your attorney can handle these conversations on your behalf while protecting your right to justice.
Contact Estey & Bomberger, LLP Today
Esophageal cancer can have a significant impact on your life. If you are diagnosed with this condition after taking Zantac, the Zantac lawsuit attorneys at Estey & Bomberger, LLP can fight for your right to recovery. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and discuss your legal options with a Zantac esophageal cancer lawyer. Our attorneys represent clients nationwide, so call (800) 260-7197 today to find out how we can help your case.