Thyroid cancer is a serious medical condition that can have a significant impact on your life. Zantac, a popular medication used to treat conditions like heartburn and acid reflux, is linked to the development of this illness.
If you are diagnosed with thyroid cancer after taking Zantac, you may be eligible for a lawsuit against the drug’s manufacturers. In these situations, trust the attorneys at Estey & Bomberger, LLP to fight for your right to justice. Our Zantac thyroid cancer lawyers can represent your lawsuit and help you recover the settlement that you deserve.
Why Choose Us for Your Zantac Thyroid Cancer Lawsuit
- Our attorneys have helped thousands of people seek justice for serious injuries and illnesses. Our team of product liability lawyers are dedicated to holding negligent drug manufacturers accountable.
- Over a five-year period, our lawyers have recovered over $500 million on behalf of our clients. We will work tirelessly to secure maximum compensation in your case.
- Our firm understands the financial hardship that thyroid cancer patients often face. We charge a contingency fee for our services—if we do not win your case, you do not pay legal fees.
Does Zantac Cause Cancer?
Zantac may increase patients’ risk of cancer due to the presence of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA). NDMA is a probable human carcinogen that is used to induce tumors in laboratory rats and appears naturally in certain foods, water, and other places in the environment.
Humans can safely consume up to 96 nanograms of NDMA per day. However, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) discovered levels of NDMA that well exceeded this safe limit. As a result, the agency issued a voluntary recall for all prescription and over-the-counter forms of Zantac and its generic form ranitidine in April 2020.
Zantac is linked to a higher risk of several types of cancer, including thyroid cancer. Now, former Zantac patients are filing lawsuits against Zantac’s manufacturers for the losses that they suffered due to their diagnoses.
Common Symptoms of Thyroid Cancer
The thyroid gland produces hormones to help regulate blood pressure, weight, heart rate, and body temperature. It is located at the base of the neck. Thyroid cancer is a condition that affects this gland, leading to symptoms that affect important functions like swallowing and speaking.
Like many types of cancer, thyroid cancer may not cause any symptoms at first. As the disease progresses, you may experience the following:
- Pain in the neck and throat
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck
- Difficulty swallowing
- Voice changes, such as hoarseness
- A lump or nodule in the neck
Who Is Eligible for a Zantac Thyroid Cancer Lawsuit?
Zantac cancer lawsuits allow victims of this dangerous medication to hold the manufacturer accountable for their losses. These damages may include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and disability accommodations.
You may be eligible for a Zantac thyroid cancer lawsuit if you meet the following requirements:
- You used to take Zantac for at least one year.
- You were diagnosed with stomach cancer.
- At least one year has passed since the time that you started to take Zantac and the date of your stomach cancer diagnosis.
If you are unsure whether you qualify for a Zantac claim, speak to a specialized Zantac injury attorney at Estey & Bomberger, LLP. Your lawyer can help you determine your case eligibility and better understand your legal options.
How Long Do You Have to File a Zantac Cancer Claim?
Across the United States, there are laws called statutes of limitations that set deadlines on filing certain types of lawsuits. If you do not file your Zantac claim within the appropriate time frame, the court will likely dismiss your case.
Different states have different deadlines for product liability claims. For example, you have two years from the date of your cancer diagnosis to file a lawsuit in New Jersey, Oregon, Pennsylvania, or California. If you live in Maine, Massachusetts, or Montana, you have three years.
To protect your right to compensation, it is important to identify your filing deadline as soon as you can. There are certain exceptions to these rules, but they are not common. It is best to consult with a Zantac injury lawyer and initiate your case as soon as possible following your thyroid cancer diagnosis.
Why You Need an Attorney for Your Zantac Cancer Claim
Navigating a Zantac lawsuit can be a challenge, especially while you are recovering from thyroid cancer. In these situations, you need an attorney on your side who can handle all matters related to your case and fight for the settlement that you deserve.
Hiring a Zantac lawsuit attorney from Estey & Bomberger, LLP can provide several important benefits for your case:
- Knowledge of the Legal Process: Your attorney will have strong knowledge of product liability laws across the United States. He or she will leverage this knowledge to guide you through your claim and prove your right to financial compensation.
- The Ability to Calculate Your Settlement: Your lawyer will be able to determine all potential avenues of compensation that you may be eligible for and accurately calculate your settlement. This knowledge can help you avoid accepting a low settlement and experiencing financial hardship in the future.
- Experience Representing Similar Claims: Your lawyer will have significant experience representing other Zantac patients who were diagnosed with cancer. He or she can leverage common case strategies to prove your claim and prepare you for each stage of litigation.
- Access to Resources and Expert Witnesses: To prove a Zantac lawsuit, you will likely require scientific evidence and expert witnesses who can testify on your behalf. Your attorney will have built a network of resources that he or she can leverage to support your case.
Contact a Zantac Injury Lawyer at Estey & Bomberger, LLP Today
If you developed thyroid cancer after taking Zantac, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit against the medication’s manufacturers. Trust the Zantac thyroid cancer attorneys at Estey & Bomberger, LLP to fight for your right to compensation and secure the settlement that you deserve.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with a Zantac thyroid cancer lawyer. Our attorneys will help you understand your legal options and identify your optimal path to maximum recovery. Our law firm specializes in dangerous drug and defective medical product cases and represent injury victims nationwide. Call (800) 260-7197 today.