Many Rhode Islanders have used Zantac, a popular prescription and over-the-counter acid blocker that treats conditions like heartburn and acid reflux. However, this medication has been linked to a higher risk of cancer—causing severe harm to former patients. Now, people across the country are filing lawsuits against Zantac manufacturers and recovering settlements to pay for medical care, lost wages, and more.
If you were diagnosed with cancer after taking Zantac, trust the attorneys at Estey & Bomberger, LLP. With their skills, experience, and resources, our Rhode Island Zantac lawsuit attorneys will craft a compelling case on your behalf and advocate aggressively for your right to recovery.
Why Choose the Zantac Attorneys at Estey & Bomberger, LLP?
- Our firm represents victims of dangerous medications nationwide, including in Rhode Island. Our Zantac injury lawyers will work tirelessly to recover fair compensation in your lawsuit.
- Our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars for our clients who have suffered from dangerous drug side effects. We have the skills and experience to handle your Zantac claim.
- We represent Zantac lawsuits on a contingency fee basis. If we do not recover a settlement in your case, you will not be charged any legal fees.
Zantac Is Linked to a Higher Cancer Risk
After the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) discovered dangerous levels of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) in the medication, Zantac and its generic version, ranitidine, were recalled in April 2020. NDMA is a carcinogenic substance that has been linked to multiple types of cancer, including:
Legal Options for Former Zantac Patients
If you were diagnosed with cancer after taking Zantac, you may be eligible for financial compensation. By filing a lawsuit against the drug’s manufacturers, you can recover a financial settlement to help pay for the costs associated with your cancer diagnosis. These damages may include past and future medical expenses, lost wages, a loss of quality of life, and a loss of future earning capacity.
To qualify for a claim, you will need to show a link between your Zantac use and cancer diagnosis. Generally, you are eligible for a lawsuit if:
- You were diagnosed with cancer associated with Zantac use.
- You took Zantac for at least one year on a regular basis, usually weekly.
- At least one year has passed from the time you started taking Zantac and your cancer diagnosis.
How Long Do You Have to File a Zantac Lawsuit in Rhode Island?
In Rhode Island, you must file a Zantac lawsuit within three years of your cancer diagnosis. Unless you qualify for a rare exception, the court will likely dismiss your case if you do not file in time. To protect your right to financial recovery, speak to a Rhode Island Zantac injury lawyer at Estey & Bomberger, LLP—we can help you identify your appropriate filing deadline and initiate your case.
Contact a Rhode Island Zantac Lawsuit Attorney Today
Were you diagnosed with cancer after taking Zantac? The Rhode Island Zantac lawyers at Estey & Bomberger, LLP can help you recover the compensation that you deserve. Contact us today by calling (800) 260-7197 and discuss your legal options with a Rhode Island Zantac lawsuit attorney.