Zantac, a popular heartburn medication, may increase your risk of cancer. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recalled Zantac and its generic ranitidine after the discovery of a cancer-causing impurity. Now, former patients are filing lawsuits against Zantac manufacturers, for their medical care, lost wages, and more.
Estey & Bomberger, LLP represents former Zantac patients nationwide. With our Utah Zantac lawsuit attorneys on your side, you can hold the manufacturer accountable for your cancer and recover the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose the Zantac Attorneys at Estey & Bomberger, LLP?
- Our firm specializes in cases involving dangerous and defective medications, including Zantac. Our team of Zantac injury lawyers have the knowledge and experience necessary to handle your Zantac lawsuit.
- Our attorneys are dedicated to recovering the highest possible settlement or jury verdict in your Zantac claim. Over the years, we have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
- If you do not receive financial compensation in your case, you will not be charged any legal fees. Our firm takes Zantac lawsuits on a contingency fee basis for maximum affordability.
Is Zantac Linked to an Increased Risk of Cancer?
In April 2020, the FDA issued a voluntary recall for Zantac and generic ranitidine after researchers discovered dangerous levels of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) in the medication. NDMA is a carcinogenic impurity that increases in Zantac over time and at higher-than-room temperatures.
Humans can safely consume small amounts of NDMA per day, but Zantac’s contamination exposed patients to very high concentrations. As a result, many patients have been diagnosed with cancers including:
How to File a Zantac Cancer Lawsuit in Utah
As a former Zantac patient, you may be eligible for compensation by filing a civil lawsuit. In Utah, victims of defective medications have the right to pursue these claims if manufacturers failed to warn about certain side effects. Because you were not made aware of the NDMA impurity, you may be eligible for a lawsuit if:
- You were diagnosed with cancer associated with Zantac.
- You took Zantac regularly for at least one year.
- At least one year has passed between the time you started taking Zantac and your cancer diagnosis.
Do You Need a Lawyer for Your Zantac Claim?
If you were diagnosed with cancer after taking Zantac, trust the Utah Zantac lawyers at Estey & Bomberger, LLP to fight for your right to justice. We can help you hold the manufacturer accountable and provide several critical advantages for your case:
- Experience: Zantac claims can be legally complex. Your specialized Zantac injury attorney in Utah will have years of experience representing Zantac patients and can leverage his or her skills to craft a compelling case on your behalf.
- Resources: You may require specialized medical knowledge to establish the nature of Zantac’s defect and establish a link with your cancer diagnosis. Your Utah Zantac injury lawyer can leverage scientific evidence and tap into a network of expert witnesses who can testify on your behalf.
- Support: Living with cancer can take a major toll on your physical and emotional health. Your attorney will handle every matter related to your case on your behalf and will provide you with much-needed guidance throughout your lawsuit.
Contact Estey & Bomberger, LLP Today
At Estey & Bomberger, LLP, our Zantac lawyers in Utah are dedicated to fighting for the rights of Zantac patients. We will work tirelessly to secure the settlement that you deserve. Contact us today at (800) 260-7197 to discuss your legal options with a Utah Zantac lawsuit attorney.