Many Oklahoma residents use Zantac to treat heartburn, acid reflux, and other conditions. However, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has recalled all prescription and over-the-counter forms of Zantac due to an increased risk for cancer.
If you were diagnosed with cancer after taking Zantac, you may be eligible for financial compensation – and a skilled Oklahoma Zantac lawsuit attorney at Estey & Bomberger, LLP can help. Our Zantac lawyers will advocate diligently to fight for your highest possible settlement.
Why Hire Estey & Bomberger, LLP for Your Oklahoma Zantac Claim?
- Our firm believes that companies should be held accountable for harmful products. We have helped thousands of clients obtain justice in defective and dangerous product claims.
- We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. During a five-year period alone, we secured over $500 million in settlements and jury verdicts.
- Our Zantac lawsuit lawyers have won multiple awards recognizing their track record of success, including Consumer Attorneys of San Diego Trial Attorney of the Year.
In September 2019, an online pharmacy was conducting routine testing on batches of Zantac when it detected dangerous levels of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA). A probable human carcinogen, NDMA occurs naturally.
Humans can safely consume up to 96 nanograms per day, but Valisure found NDMA levels as high as 3 million nanograms per tablet. After learning of these findings, the FDA launched an investigation and issued a recall for Zantac in April 2020.
Zantac use is associated with multiple types of cancer, including the following:
- Kidney cancer
- Liver cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Gastric cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Breast cancer
- Colon cancer
If you were diagnosed with any of the cancers listed above after taking Zantac, speak with a Zantac lawyer in Oklahoma as soon as possible to learn your legal options.
How Do You Qualify for a Zantac Lawsuit?
To be eligible for a Zantac lawsuit, your case will need to meet the following criteria:
- First, you and your Oklahoma Zantac attorney must prove that you used Zantac for at least one year.
- Next, you must show that you were diagnosed with cancer.
- Finally, you must prove that at least one year passed between the time you first took Zantac and your cancer diagnosis.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Zantac Lawsuits in Oklahoma?
In Oklahoma, a law known as the statute of limitations sets a filing deadline on Zantac claims. If you or your Oklahoma Zantac lawyer do not file your lawsuit within two years of your cancer diagnosis, the court will likely dismiss your case and prevent you from recovering a settlement.
How Much Is a Zantac Lawsuit Worth?
Through an Oklahoma Zantac lawsuit, you can recover compensation for the economic and non-economic damages you endured because of your cancer. Economic damages involve financial losses, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and disability accommodations. On the other hand, non-economic damages refer to the physical and emotional pain and suffering you experienced.
The value of your Zantac lawsuit will depend on the severity of your illness and the losses you endured. For example, a plaintiff with advanced liver cancer will require longer periods away from work and more intensive medical care than patients with milder cases. As a result, he or she will likely see a higher settlement than a plaintiff who caught the cancer early on and required milder treatment.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Zantac Attorney in Oklahoma
If you were diagnosed with cancer and believe that it is related to Zantac, the lawyers at Estey & Bomberger, LLP can help. Schedule a free consultation today and discuss your next steps with an Oklahoma Zantac lawsuit attorney.