Many West Virginia residents used Zantac, an over-the-counter and prescription medication often used to treat heartburn. However, the recent discovery of a cancer-causing impurity in Zantac has led the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to request its removal from the market.
If you were diagnosed with cancer after taking Zantac, the manufacturer may owe you compensation for the damages that you suffered. In these situations, the lawyers at Estey & Bomberger, LLP can represent your claim and fight for your right to recover a fair settlement.
Why Choose Estey & Bomberger, LLP for Your Zantac Lawsuit
- Our attorneys specialize in defective drug litigation, including Zantac cases. Our Zantac injury lawyers have the resources, experience, and knowledge to represent your lawsuit.
- We have achieved a 99% case success rate and recovered over $500 million in settlements and jury verdicts. You can trust our firm to fight for your right to recovery.
- Our firm has received national recognition for our outstanding results. We have been featured on CNN, Fox News, Univision, the Associated Press, and more.
Why Did the FDA Recall Zantac?
The FDA chose to recall Zantac after discovering dangerous levels of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) in the medication. This substance is a carcinogen, meaning that it could increase the chances of developing cancers of the stomach, prostate, liver, bladder, and more.
The NDMA impurity is Zantac is far above the safe level for human consumption. Additionally, levels of NDMA increase over time and when the medication is stored at higher than room temperatures. All of these factors led the FDA to issue a recall for all Zantac and generic ranitidine products in April 2020.
How to File a Zantac Lawsuit in West Virginia
To file a Zantac lawsuit in West Virginia, you will need to prove that you were diagnosed with cancer after taking Zantac for at least one year. A Zantac lawsuit attorney from Estey & Bomberger, LLP can evaluate your situation and determine whether you are eligible for litigation.
Your Zantac injury attorney in West Virginia will also ensure that you file your claim by the appropriate deadline, which is two years from the date of your diagnosis. Once you have filed your lawsuit, you will need to prove that the following facts are true in order to recover compensation:
- You were diagnosed with cancer.
- Zantac is defective.
- Zantac caused your cancer.
- You were using the medication as the manufacturer intended.
A Zantac lawsuit attorney at Estey & Bomberger can also help you gather the evidence necessary to prove these facts and secure a fair settlement for your losses.
What Compensation Is Available in a Zantac Claim?
If you are diagnosed with cancer, you will need to pay for expensive medical care and specialized treatment. You may need to take time away from work to go to the doctor and recover. In some cases, you may be unable to return to work at all.
By filing a claim against Zantac’s manufacturers, you can recover financial compensation to pay for these losses. Below are a few examples of damages that you could claim in your lawsuit:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Disability accommodations
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
Speak to a West Virginia Zantac Lawsuit Attorney
The Zantac injury lawyers at Estey & Bomberger, LLP are representing West Virginia residents in their Zantac cancer lawsuits. If you used to take Zantac and later developed cancer, our firm can help you recover a fair settlement. Contact us today at (800) 260-7197 to schedule your free case consultation and identify your optimal path to compensation.