Mike Bomberger, founding partner of Estey Bomberger, has achieved success with record-setting settlements due to a reputation of building rock solid cases for his client and having a jury decide the value of those cases if fair compensation is not offered to his clients.
Mr. Bomberger recently achieved a record-setting $20 million medical malpractice settlement for a young child who suffered a brain injury due to the negligence of a California medical facility. This settlement is the highest in California history for medical malpractice. Also this past year, he settled a product liability case for $21 million for victims who suffered orthopedic injuries from a popular retail product.
Trusted Media Expert
Mike is the go-to expert on issues including brain injury, birth injury, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents and more. Some of the more notable media interviews are listed below; for a full list click here.
- ABC 10 News — discussing dangerous and deadly pedestrian intersections
- Fox 5 News — discussing bicycle safety
- East County Magazine — discussing rape by Uber drivers
Mr. Bomberger’s vision for Estey Bomberger is based upon a simple belief of promoting core values of respect, integrity, and honesty with his clients, partners, peers, and employees. He believes that successful organizations only run their best with a team that works well together.
The Estey Bomberger trial team works diligently on just a few cases allowing Mr. Bomberger to personally allocate more time and resources to his clients. That attention to detail has resulted in a near perfect track record for the law firm along with numerous record-setting settlements and verdicts. In the last two years, Mr. Bomberger has acted as co-counsel on cases resulting in jury verdicts of $30 million, $23 million, and $10.8 million. This has resulted in insurance companies choosing to pay his clients fair settlements in order to avoid the consequences of trial.
In a recent case, Mr. Bomberger worked for 5 years on behalf of numerous injured victims across the US who had suffered orthopedic injuries — before finally convincing the company to pay $21 million for the harm it caused his clients. His partner, “Mr. Bomberger is like a dog on a bone. He is relentless in working his cases and achieving the best result for his clients,” says Mr. Estey, his partner, “he will outwork anyone to get the best result possible.”
Estey Bomberger continues to embrace the challenges of serving and helping injured clients against large insurance companies and corporations that only value the bottom line. In more than 20 years of practicing together with his partner Steve Estey, the two of them have only served injured victims; the firm does not represent corporations or insurance companies.
Mr. Bomberger has been married for over twenty years, and he is the proud father of 4 children. Outside of the office, Mr. Bomberger enjoys spending time with his family. He has been a frequent coach to his children’s soccer, football and basketball teams.
Mr. Bomberger is also an avid bicyclist, often riding several hundred miles a week and occasionally racing. As a longtime cyclist, no one has more expertise in understanding the unique liability challenges that bicyclists face. Mr. Bomberger has been successful in winning cases for bicyclists that other attorneys thought were not winnable. He is an active advocate for many cyclist causes throughout California.
Mr. Bomberger plays an essential role in the San Diego community, supporting diverse charities, including Rady Children’s Chadwick Center, Father Joe’s Village, Voices for Children, Red Cross, the Bird Rock Foundation, St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, Wounded Warriors, the Challenged Athletes Foundation, Meals on Wheels, the San Diego Humane Society and SPCA, and the Keenan’s Kids Foundation.
Mr. Bomberger graduated from Bucknell Univeristy in 1988 with a BA in English and Economics. At Bucknell, he was a nationally ranked division 1 wrestler and captain of the wrestling team. He graduated from California Western School of Law in 1992. While in law school, he met Mr. Estey and the two became fast friends. After law school, Mr. Estey and Mr. Bomberger went their separate ways, only to be reunited in 1994 to start Estey Bomberger.
- Daily Journal ‘Top Plaintiff Lawyer’
- San Diego Brain Injury Foundation, Advisory Council Member
- Distinguished Justice Advocates, Lifetime Charter Member
- Best Attorneys of America, Lifetime Charter Member
- American Society of Legal Advocates, Member
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, ’10 Best’ Member
- A winner of the American Juris Prudence Award for Legal Skills
- National Trial Lawyers ‘Top 100’
- Brain Injury Trial Lawyers Association ‘Top 25’ in California, from National Trial Lawyers
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America — the oldest and most respected peer review publication in legal profession.
- Avvo.com 10.0 “superb” rating — its highest (Avvo.com is an unbiased national review site that assists consumers in comparing attorneys).
- Super Lawyers, Honoree (Super Lawyer is a distinction given to less than 5% of all attorneys) for each year 2009 through 2018
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum in recognition of his multiple multi-million-dollar results through verdict and settlement. Less than one percent of attorneys qualify for this distinction.
- The Verdict Club, Member — reserved for attorneys who have recovered verdicts or settlements in excess of $1 million
- The Attorney Search Network, a California State Bar certified lawyer referral service, AAA rating — its highest
- Lawdragon national finalist.